Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Wash Out!

Monday was pretty much a soaker.  Tournament round was cancelled for almost all the players.  Golfer came back and after the wet stuff was hung up to dry in our suite, we decided to go have lunch and go to a movie!

We saw the new Mission Impossible movie.  Excellent!  Probably one of the best ones in the series.  I still think Tom is often nuttier than a fruitcake, but I do like his movies. 

We went to the 19th Hole at the Convention Center last evening.  Had some food, looked at the vendors' displays.  Nice evening.

I hasn't been a totally uneventful week though.  One friend lost his credit card.  Fortunately, the nice folks at Outback kept it safe for him until he discovered the loss at dinner the next evening.  It was retrieved, account checked and all is well.

Then another friend spent yesterday at Urgent Care and the pharmacy.  She developed shingles.  I am sad about that.  I had them a few years ago.  Mine were on my head and face and felt like tiny spiders wearing spikes jumping on my head.  She is on the meds now and doing okay.  Feels better just knowing what it is.

Then I geared up and did "battle" with the management yesterday.  There have been some issues in our suite and I have been nicely talking with various people on duty over the last couple days.  Some things were taken care of quickly, others not.  We were supposed to be getting a new mattress for one of our beds yesterday by noon.  We got back to the suite after the movie and nothing had been done.  After two phone calls were made and I got no response I walked over to the lobby.

I spoke with Sandy, a very nice, small, blond, spitfire of a manager.  She was on the phone and yelling at people while we were talking and telling them get these things done!  By the time I got back to our suite a whole new  bed was already here.  And a brand new coffee maker!  And she gave us breakfast vouchers for the rest of the week.  Said to call her personal number if we had any other problems. 

Today the sun is out.  The guys are playing golf.  I am having lunch and a visit with "the ladies".  I think we're going to the favorite used book store here.  Life is good!

Stay safe!

No comments: