Sunday, September 6, 2015

Home Again!

We are now safely back home, as of yesterday afternoon.  The drive wasn't too bad.  The furry kids are all fine.  Lisa takes very good care of them whenever we are away.

All the "returning home cleaning" has been done.  The laundry is all done.  And I made a trip to the Commissary this morning to restock on just about everything.  Still to be done is a walk around the yard to tidy up and we need to get Kirk cleaned up.  But those are activities for another day.

I mentioned in a previous post that the week was not necessarily uneventful.  There was the lost and then found credit card.  Yay!  And one friend who developed shingles.  Boo!  Then the next day her husband had to go to the same Urgent Care for a severe nosebleed that wouldn't stop.  Another Boo!  Then the next day as we were getting ready to leave our suite to go to dinner a severe storm started.  There was a loud boom and the power went out.  The generator came on within seconds.  Good thing, too.  We were on the twelfth floor and there was no way I was walking down all those steps.  The lightening hit something nearby and a huge power cable came down in the parking lot.  It was still down when we left yesterday morning.  Our TV service came back the next morning.  Anyway, when the rain let up a little Golfer and I left for the restaurant.  A lot of intersections were flooded.  Some of the storm drains were actually spouting water back up instead of taking it away.  It was a heavy rain!

All in all, it was a nice week.  Golfer would have liked for the golf to have been better, but he had a good time.  I would have liked for things to have been better at the hotel.  I just sent the  manager an email.  And when I checked earlier, I had a survey about our visit in my inbox, so I filled that out, too.  They may be sorry they asked though.  :)  Their housekeeping staff is either untrained or extremely lazy.  I don't know when things went from someone just coming to your room and doing their work to someone knocking on the door and then asking in a whiny voice, "do you want anything?".  We had what I consider full service once the whole week and that was when I just happened to be in the room when they knocked.  Most of the week they just sort of tossed some clean towels in on the bed closest to the door.  When we left we were on the third day of the trash not being removed, and the dirty towels not being taken.  We never did get a wastebasket for the bathroom.  I asked a couple times.  So, I gave them an honest evaluation and in detail.  We really like the Ocean Dunes/Sand Dunes and have been staying there since 1997.  It is very sad and frustrating to see the service and the property decline so much.  Basically, our suite just needed to be stripped, cleaned, painted and refurnished.

But, now we are home.  All is well.  Stay safe and have a nice holiday!

No comments: