Sunday, April 5, 2015

Home!

Jacksonville NAS Lodging
Hey, everyone!  Golfer and I returned home from our wonderful road trip on Thursday.  Fifteen days and 3,110 miles of great times.  We saw friends we had not seen in a long time, visited with Bikini, went to places we had never been, and saw some beautiful parts of the country.

Since we returned home we have been busy catching up.  First on the list was lots of kitty woogies!  The furry kids missed us, even though they were in excellent care with our friend, L.  Every time we sit, we have a kitty on our lap.  And often more than one kitty!

Everything is unpacked and put away, the laundry is all done, and cleaning has been done.  A few errands have been done, and that included a visit to the Post Office.  I had made arrangements for our mail to be held while we were away.  It was delivered every day.  We were not happy.  When I got my turn at the counter I just told the clerk I wanted to see the person in charge.  I must have had "the look" because no questions were asked.  I didn't really accomplish anything, because it was after the fact, but I felt better after having my say.  And they are "looking into it".

Kirk was in great need of a good cleaning.  There is a new car wash on Rt. 17 and I thought I'd try it.  They do a great job.  I picked the interior and exterior wash with added tire shine for $24.  I won't go there all the time, but in this case it was great.  We had Florida sand, assorted bits, and many, many bugs to be cleaned up!  The guys even took the floor mats out and washed them while the interior was being vacuumed.

So now we are getting back to normal.  There are some larger household chores to be done in the next couple weeks, things like window washing and touch-up painting.  The weather is getting nicer here and I want to get a bit done out in the yard.  We have several service appointments scheduled for things like the yard weed and feed, the sprinkler system turn on and repair, and the A/C check-up.

Golfer has gotten to play some golf this weekend and catch up with his golf buddies.  They're doing the final planning for their annual Myrtle Beach guys golf trip.  And shortly after that it will be time for our Myrtle Beach trip for the Military Retirees Tournament.  I always look forward to that one.

All is well and we had a great time.  I have a couple other posts turning around in my head and they will be coming soon.  :)

Stay safe!


No comments: