Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Driving Issues

BeyB is preparing to get her driver's license and the last time we were all together there was some discussion of traffic laws.  And more discussion about drivers who don't follow those laws.  I could write a book!

While Golfer and I were on our road trip, we saw quite a few ignoring basic driving laws and courtesy.  It did not help that on the way home we must have been in the midst of the Snow Bird Migration going North.  I have never seen so many large RVs towing cars, cycles, off-road vehicles, bikes and other assorted "stuff".  And there they were all loaded down and still would pull out in front of us to attempt to pass another vehicle.  I think that if you can't go fast enough to pass a slow vehicle you have no business in the passing lane.

That goes for trucks, too!  I see absolutely no reason why a big eighteen wheeler needs to pull out in front of someone to pass another eighteen wheeler when they are both going the same speed and traffic is backing up behind them.  And this usually takes place going up a hill!  Of course, when I am made Ruler of the World this will not be a problem.  Trucks will need to have their own road system, or perhaps have their own lane added on to existing roads and only operate between midnight and 6:00 a.m.  And before anyone gets all bent out of shape, I know they provide a needed service in the transporting of goods.  And I know there are some very courteous and polite truck drivers.  But some just simply should not be on the road.  And I have personal proof of this.

Anyway, we wish BeyB well and remember when Nurse J and Bikini were learning to drive.  Good luck to all and stay safe!

No comments: