Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Our Adventure!

First off, we aren't always having a really strong signal and Wi-Fi.  So sometimes my posts are not getting out when I write them.  Also, sometimes they are just rattling in my head.   :)

Yesterday we had an air boat ride in the Everglades.  Lots of fun!  That was at an Alligator Farm.  There were many things to look at there.  Then we checked out the visitor center at the National Everglades Park.  After we returned to the base Golfer went to the gym and I did up our laundry.

It was a nice day.  But after sunscreen, bug spray, heat, humidity, and swamp water mist on us, we needed showers!

From the air boat

I don't know what these trees are, but they are lovely!

Can you find the Iguana?  He's in the bottom half, sort of on the right side of the picture.  We saw a couple sitting in trees.
 
 
It was really foggy this morning and I was afraid we wouldn't get to see much on the ride down to the Keys, but it cleared up and it was lovely.   We lucked out and found a parking spot and hope to just stay in that spot until it's time to leave!  There really is not much parking here.  I reorganized our suitcases last evening so we would only have to bring one in with us for our stay here.
 
So far I have done okay with the walking.  We made it down to Duval Street this afternoon.  After we got back to our room we had some pool time and Golfer took a nap.  :). We were still full from our large and delicious lunch at Sarabeth's Kitchen, so we just had wine, cheese and crackers at happy hour in the lobby for dinner.  Then came back here and had a piece of fruit.  Now we're just enjoying sitting outside for a while.
 
This is our view.
I hope everyone is well and happy.  Stay safe!



No comments: