Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Melting

Hey, everyone!  It's warmed up a little bit and the melting has begun.  Of course, that means everything is wet, muddy, and messy.  The huge piles from shoveling and where plows went are still huge.  The cars need to be cleaned.  I want to go to the car wash but know that that would be a waste of money with all the gunk that sprays and splashes up on the cars when we're out on the roads.

Yesterday I caught up on some errands.  I had been making a list and got through the whole thing!  Mail was dropped off, ATM was visited, books were donated to the library, paperbacks were turned in for credit at Paperback, Ink, food for the furry kids was gotten, and several other things were done. DAV will be doing a pick-up on Monday and I moved that pile out to the garage.

And soon I will be getting our suitcases out of the closet and dusting them off.  It will be time to start making "piles" for our road trip.  The closer it gets, the more I am looking forward to it.

The bird feeder needs to be filled again and I have to see if there's a way to get to it without sinking in mud.  :)  We've had several kinds of birds lately, plus the squirrels.  I know a lot of folks complain about the squirrels getting in their bird feeders, but it entertains the furry kids.  And the squirrels need to eat, too.  Speaking of wild life.... the other evening Golfer and I were watching TV and our security light came on out at the patio.  I looked out just in time to see the back end of a raccoon as he passed by the window!  He was a big healthy looking fellow.

That's about it from here,  Stay safe!

No comments: