Tuesday, May 15, 2012

This is a Perfect Day for a Good Rant

I mentioned in the previous post that quite a few of Golfer's and my favorite TV shows have been cancelled.  Another one bit the dust today.  And frankly, the way today is going, this an excellent time to voice my opinion.  So here is an open letter to NBC:

Dear NBC:

You have axed some very good shows.  And what is your reasoning on this?  You have said, "the audience was too old".  How dare you!?  Who do you think the audience is that has the time to watch your shows?  Who do you think has any disposable income to support your advertisers?  Who sticks with you while you move shows around and make them hard to find? 

I know my opinion doesn't mean squat to any of you, but know this, I take names and you are on my list.

Oh so respectfully,

Geez

And since I am venting here's a message for the American Family Association:

Dear Uptight Sirs:

I realize you have done some very good work in the past.  Thanks. 

However,  you are way off the mark in your criticisms of "GCB".  (this is another show that I enjoyed a lot that has been cancelled)  You stated that "GCB is a mockery to Christianity".  Not so; and if you had spent some time working in a church, you would know that some of the topics were pretty on target.  Have you not paid attention to some of the things being done in the name of Christianity?   A church is, after all, made up of human beings with all sorts of issues and problems and idiosyncrasies. 

My God is a happy God, so why not laugh with His people?

Good luck to you in the future,

Geez

Stay safe out there, folks!




No comments: