Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Way to Make a Job Harder

or otherwise known as "what kind of planning was this?"

So. I need to make the church a new database.  Nothing too intricate; I want to keep it simple so if I decide one day I can't take it anymore, I can leave something they can work with.  :)

I asked the Board of Deacons to get me some updated information on all the people.  Do they give me a database form?  Do they even give me a spreadsheet?  (I love spreadsheets!)   NOOOOOOOO!  What I get is an MSWord document with many text boxes and columns.  And a lot of those are empty.  ARGGGGH!  I have just had a conversation with the Chair of the Board of Deacons and explained the problem.  If this is going to be used for mailing newsletters and contacting people, we need their addresses and their phone numbers, not just a name.  Ohhhhhhh.  I could almost see the light go on.

Wish me luck.

And stay safe!

No comments: