Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mothers Day, Ladies!

And on another topic, I wish the TV networks had consulted me.  I just saw the list of shows that were cancelled this past week and there are NINE that Golfer and I watch regularly and like.  So, BOOOOO!  I suppose we'll be subjected to more stupid reality shows.  I guess we'll have more time for movies and reading!

It's lovely weather here; in the 70's and sunny with a breeze.  I just came in from a little yard clean-up and checking for weeds.  The new mulch is doing a great job.  I only found three small weeds to yank up!  Golfer is finishing the mowing as I write this.

We still have azaleas blooming.  The pansies are still holding up and looking good thanks to the nice weather lately.  The day lilies have some buds and one of the new hydrangea bushes has buds!  I'm so excited about that.  I've never had hydrangeas but have always loved the way they look.  My Grama and Mom always had some and they would make big bouquets and even tried drying them to keep over the Winter.

My project of going through all the boxes of mementos and photos is pretty much finished.  Got rid of a bunch of stuff and sorted out a box for each of the girls.  At some point in the future I will sort through the one (yes, only one!)  box of photos I kept and we'll scan them into the computer and onto discs.  But for now, that can be on "hold".

Golfer got us tickets to see "Mamma Mia" at The Ferguson Center at CNU this evening.  I'm looking forward to hearing the good tunes!

I hope everyone has a good day.  Stay safe!


No comments: