Sunday, February 13, 2011

Hey, Again!

I hope everyone is having a good weekend!

I am tired, but feeling satisfied at the moment - I finally got to go out and work in the yard! It didn't get quite as warm as the predictions, but was very do-able with wearing a jacket and hat. I cleaned up all the mulched areas and pruned some dead parts off shrubs and bushes. Ended up with four large bags of "stuff" that I hauled out to the curb for pick up tomorrow morning. Also did things like fill the bird feeder and clean off the porch and patio. I gave an oil treatment to the old chair on the front porch that is used as a plant stand. So yea! I feel like I accomplished something!

Golfer and I went to the Home and Garden show yesterday afternoon as planned. It was nice, but a lot like us going to a craft fair. When we go to a craft fair and look at all the offerings, we usually end up saying "if we want one of those we can get Bikini to make one!" Yesterday as we walked the aisles, we said things like "already got new roof", "already got new floors", "already ordered new windows". But it was fun to see what's out there. And there was free stuff! Got a nice pen, a new pencil, a mini-tool kit for Golfer, a tote bag, some rubber balls for the grandchildren, and I got a Cox Communications DigiGuy! He's sitting here on the computer desk keeping me company!

Dinner is in the oven and now it's time for a shower. Happy Valentine's Day tomorrow and stay safe!

No comments: