Tuesday, June 22, 2010

WILDLIFE !

I love God's creatures. They all have a purpose and reason for being. Some are more lovable than others and that is just a fact.

But they need to stay in their space and stay out of mine. I wish them no harm, just want them to go home. Sort of like illegal immigrants.


Golfer and I were in our office this afternoon and I looked out the window. This is what I saw --

Just munching away! I called the home owners' office to get the proper number to call. There have been many cases in our area of rabid animals and everyone has been told if you see a raccoon out in the middle of the day it is not good. The first number I called the lady got all excited and said "don't go outside!" But she was from the York County office and we live in the city of Newport News. So she transferred me to them. That woman was not so helpful. She said that of course they come out in the day if people have bird feeders. Then said we could rent a trap for $60 plus a daily fee until we caught it ourselves. Didn't offer up what to do if we did catch the poor thing. I wasn't up for that and thanked her for being less than helpful. I watched as the raccoon had a couple more bites of the new bird seed I had just put out earlier and then it sort of galloped along the fence and across the back of the yard and disappeared behind our shed. I am unsettled. I am hoping the raccoon was just passing through. We will keep an eye out and be cautious.

BTW...the picture was taken from inside through the window. And our cats were oblivious!
After that Golfer and I went to a movie. We can highly recommend "A-Team"! Great show!
Stay safe and watch out for wildlife!

No comments: