Saturday, August 6, 2022

News Updates

I used to record and watch every minute of the "Today Show" every morning.  I still record it, but I do a lot of fast forwarding now.  There is only so much I can take.  I want to know what is going on in the world.  But really, I don't need to hear it all on a constant stream, or more than once.  

There are the usual reports about politics, natural disasters, wars, killings, protests, and of course, the Covid pandemic.  I am sure none of you need to hear me telling you about all that.

So, here are a few things that "caught my ear" and most made me think "what now?"

Expect a shortage of Halloween candy!  Hershey says there are still supply chain issues and shortages of ingredients and there will not be as much candy this year.  Terrible news!  So if you see the kind you like, go ahead and buy it now.


Expect wine shortages due to supply chain issues and shortages of glass wine bottles.  Guess the wine drinkers will have to switch to boxes.  Also affecting this are shortages of grapes due to environmental issues, fires, storms, and other weather.  Again, the reporters' advice is to buy early!



Beer shortages are also expected.  This is due to a severe shortage of Carbon Dioxide that is needed to make beer.  Again the advice is to stock up if you are a beer drinker.  And they also said to get used to flat beer.  ????


This next report puzzles me a bit, but there are clothing issues.  Shoppers can't find Fall clothing.  I don't know about you, but our heat index is still around 100 degrees here and I'm not thinking of Fall clothes.  But then I'm not a huge fan of clothes shopping anyway.  Supply chain issues again, but with a twist.  All those many, many barges that have been backed up and carrying Summer clothing are now being unloaded and overstocking the stores.  So the stores have no room for the Fall items.  The advice for this is to get out there and shop - but safely! - and move that Summer product out of the stores.  Good luck!  I will not be going.

This next one hits close to home for me. 😀 I am a long time subscriber to "Martha Stewart Living" magazine.  I had a couple years off while she was in jail and after, but then I was offered a really good subscriber cost and started up again.  She does have some good ideas, and the pictures are always beautiful.  I admit I never have cooked any of her recipes though.  Well!  The magazine is no more. I heard a report and I received a postcard announcing I would no longer be getting it, but could find parts of it online. HUH! 

"The times they are a'changing", try to keep up.  Take care of yourselves and stay safe. Life is good!  God Bless America!

No comments: