Friday, August 19, 2022

Don't Ask Me!

I have no idea where the time went.  I knew it had been a few days since I had posted, but did not realize it had been so long.  So here are some updates! 

There have been quite a few things on our calendar.  We have had a termite booster treatment applied to our home.  We built our home in 1995.  Did you know that the original treatment for termites during construction is only good for about ten years according to what we were told?  $$$

Our generator had its annual service.  It's good to be prepared.

Then our sprinkler system needed some repairs when two zones stopped working.  Worn out diaphragm in one of the control boxes.  That repair was complicated by "our guy" finding a large tree root growing up from underneath that box and crushing/squeezing the box.  We were told it was only a matter of time before it would have quit working totally.

Our MDX was due for some necessary service and maintenance.  We knew this was coming, but $$$. 😊 All good now.

I had my annual ear checkup and hearing test.  Just a slight change in the hearing test.  So far, so good there.

Then I had my annual visit with the Dermatologist.  One spot frozen and our doctor said no concern there.  Large spot on my face needed biopsy.  Thankfully, the results were negative and my face is healing.  I need to keep a bandage on it for at least ten days.  I find that a little annoying, but am dealing with it.  At least it has stopped hurting.

Les has been going to his PT sessions and gets out to play golf when he can.  He has a couple appointments coming up in the next couple weeks.

Our weather was extremely hot and humid for a while with high humidity and high heat indexes.  We got a break in that for a few days and finally got out to get some yard work done.  It was just too hot to work outside for us when the index was 110!  But Les has gotten the mowing and trimming done.  Over the course of  several days, I got the front shrubs all trimmed and pruned, and the front mulched areas cleaned up.  Then I started on the backyard.  I still have one area left to do out there.  I simply ran out of energy, and it's hotter again.  Except for that area, the weeding, pruning, trimming, and clean up are done for now.  I hope to get to that last area in the next week.

I am almost finished with the touch-up painting project.  Just need to work on the woodwork touch-up.  I pace myself and no longer try to do everything all at once. 😀

I have also cleaned out some cabinets and closets and started Christmas shopping. 🎄

Our girls are alright but have been dealing with some various things and getting our grandchildren ready for school.  Z and B are back to school now.  Jordan, Cutie Girl, and Little Miss E go back on the 29th.

Les' brother has recovered from Covid.  He was fully vaccinated and boostered and still got it.  He's doing well now, and has no idea how he got it.

Speaking of vaccines..... it's almost time to get our flu shots and another Covid vaccine booster.  Our doctor told us that they should be starting in September.

Take care of yourselves and stay safe.  Life is good!  And God Bless America!


Just a picture of a pretty sky. 💗

No comments: