Sunday, November 28, 2021

This and That

Thanksgiving turned out to be just Les and me.  Little Miss E got sick at the beginning of last week.  Jacquie figured whatever would get passed around with them and she didn't want to expose us to something.   Disappointing, but we understand and appreciate that she is careful.  I sent some of the food I had purchased and she cooked at their house.  I cooked a full dinner for Les and me.

We texted with Jacquie and Pam and checked on them.  

After cleanup, and a break, I went outside and did the decorations on our porch and hung the new wreathes up on the front door and the fence gates.  I had planned for us to set up the tree in the dining room but I ran out of energy.  

Les didn't play golf on Friday so we got both trees set up and I've been working on the decorations around the house.  And then doing some cleaning.  I'll be posting some pictures over several posts. 

Today has been a busy one even though I didn't plan it.  The usual morning stuff was done, I cooked breakfast, did the cleanup, we read the paper, and watched a movie.  I did a few odds and ends and then started on a pile of desk work that needed attention.  Les was on the computer for a while and then went out to gather up leaves AGAIN.  I went out and helped for a short time by holding open the bags for the ones he was picking up that he had raked.  Then he was out there mowing up the rest of them.  Tomorrow is pick up day and we have a pile of bags!  And our neighbors' trees still have plenty of leaves to fall!  Our trees - not so much.  😬

The last bit of decorating will be for Les to get the outside light set up this evening. Then I am declaring us done!

We've had some cold temperatures, but tomorrow should be pretty nice and sunny and Les plans to play golf.  I plan to get out and do a couple errands.



Les' Dad made Fat Santa and Santa and Mrs. Claus many years ago for us.  They come out every year.  This year they are on the mantle.


My Mom rescued this Santa from our town's grocery store when I was a little girl.  He also comes out every year. 

Take care of yourselves and stay safe.  Life is good.  God Bless America!

No comments: