Thursday, November 4, 2021

Just a Look



 I hope everyone is doing well.

It has cooled off here and has been in the 40's overnight.  Didn't get out of the 50's yesterday.  I bundled up and did a little yard work.  We were planning to go out and do yard work again today, but we had some "surprise" rain overnight and I don't do yard work in the wet.  And I don't think Les is going to mow either.

We're getting our Covid boosters this afternoon.  Had to make appointments at CVS for our Moderna.  This is fine, but the process of getting the boosters has been frustrating.  Our doctor's office isn't giving vaccines now.  And the Riverside system has designated several other clinics as vaccine sites.  While trying to get our appointments I found out they are not giving the Moderna at all.  So I called Walgreens Pharmacy and they are not giving Moderna either.  But CVS is, so that's fine.  I am assuming there is some sort of financial arrangement going on somewhere in this.

The pictures are pretty much the extent of the Thanksgiving decorations.  😊🦃  If you are wondering about the frog...... my Mom got him for us.  She always had a large cement frog.  I don't know what happened to him, but she thought we needed one many years ago.  So he usually stays there on the antique chest that was hers.  I think her Dad made the chest, but I have no one around to confirm that.

The curved glass side by side piece was Les' Mom's and was passed to him.  We have filled it will other small antiques.

Our holiday shopping is about all done.  Everything I've bought has been wrapped.  Things have been shipped.  My next project for Christmas is to make the new bows for our three new wreaths.  Wish me luck.  I think I'm good at quite a few things, but bow making is not one of those things.  When the bows are done, I'll start on the cards.

Our girls and family are doing well.  Everyone is busy.  Life is good.  Take care of yourselves.  And God Bless America!

No comments: