Monday, August 10, 2020

Updates on Life in General

Well, here we are.  Our storm cleanup is done; large pile of branches are at the curb along with several bags of "stuff" we picked up.  The truck should be coming through the neighborhood today to take it all away.  Les has mowed and trimmed and the yard is looking pretty good right now.

I am feeling better.  We got the estimate for the repairs from the accident on the TLX and she goes in Wednesday morning for a few days.

The smaller bathroom ceiling was painted and looks much better.  I have put things back in the cabinets and hung the shower curtain and a couple things on the walls.  Last part will be the mirror coming and installed tomorrow afternoon.  Then I'll take pictures. 

Our MDX goes in for the annual safety inspection tomorrow morning.  Our usual routine is to drop off whatever car needs work and then go to breakfast.  So we'll do that and have breakfast out in the fresh air.  

Steve, our handyman guy, is going to come and take care of a couple things for us.  Greg, who did the drywall and painting in the bathrooms, is going to come and fix the shed door that needs work.  

I have a couple doctor appointments, one this week with the dermatologist and one next week with the "Ear Doctors".  And, just let me say, I will not be at all surprised if they finally tell me it is time to do something about the fact that I am having hearing issues.  (I know Les will be glad if something is done)  I have mixed feelings, but I would really like to hear better, so "whatever!"

Yesterday was Les' birthday.  It was a quiet day, but a good one.  

We are still being very careful and wearing masks and distancing.  Covid cases in Virginia just keep going up.

The "Guys' Golf Trip" that was originally scheduled for the end of April and then postponed due to Covid 19 is not totally cancelled yet, but Les and quite a few of the guys have cancelled and are waiting for their refunds.  We have not heard anything definite on the Retirees' Tournament. That was also postponed from May until November.  But honestly, the entire group for that tournament is in the "at risk" category, so it just doesn't make sense to risk it.  I like to be optimistic, but I really doubt that a vaccine will be developed and distributed by then. 

So, life goes on.  It is still great though.  We all have many things on our minds.  Stay safe and take care of yourselves.  God Bless America!


Angus says staying safe is exhausting. 😊

No comments: