Friday, April 17, 2020

Just Some Notes and Updates

I hope you are all well and staying safe.  Please continue to be careful and stay home.

Les and I are doing okay.  Taking care of things around our home, being careful.  I have started outpatient PT at the clinic where I have gone several times in the past.  They are being very careful, everyone wears masks, and they only schedule one patient at a time.  And as always, everything is always wiped down and cleaned.  It is going pretty well, and I only have to go twice a week because I have been working hard on the exercises here at home.  I tested well on the initial visit and my therapist was happy with my progress.

Our weather has been pretty good.  Today it is sunny and going to get to about 70.  We still have lots of pollen floating around.  The yard is looking pretty good.

I have had a full day already.  PT was at 8:00 a.m., a good workout.  Then I did a drive-through prescription pick-up, a drive-through ATM visit, a drive-through mail drop-off, and a drive-through Starbucks pick-up.  (because I hadn't wanted to drink a lot of coffee before my PT) 😊 Then I came home and rested and enjoyed my coffee.

Les has been out this morning donating blood.  He says that went okay and he is back home now.

The annual "guys' golf trip" has been rescheduled for September.  The annual Retirees tournament in Myrtle Beach has been rescheduled for November.  Both tentative and hopefully will happen.  We'll see.

We had tickets for "Wicked" at Chrysler Center and that has been cancelled.  Refund will be coming sometime.  Honestly, we are not surprised and were not anxious to sit in a crowded theater full of people anyway. 

Our girls and families are still doing okay.  We are all being careful and staying in.  The online and home schooling is going okay as far as I know.

Shopping is being done online.  Delivery times are getting longer and longer.  Grocery shopping is challenging.  Jacquie is helping us with that, although Les and I did gear up and go to the Langley AFB Commissary wearing masks and gloves and taking sanitizing wipes along with us. We had not actually done any Commissary shopping since before my surgery.  Retirees are only allowed on the bases on Mondays and Tuesdays, the Commissary was very busy.  But we got most of what we needed.  Won't have to go again for a while.  And then we'll probably do the online ordering and pick-up at Fort Eustis, now that I know I have to plan that a week ahead!

So, here we are.  Les and I are being careful.  Our furry boys are doing their part.  Here are Angus and Cecil practicing their social distancing.  At the time the pictures were taken, Finnigan was under a quilt on my lap.



Stay safe!  Life is still great!  God Bless America!

No comments: