Sunday, August 25, 2019

Hello, Again!

I hope everyone is well and happy!

We have had several thunderstorms this past week, but no more rainbows that I could see.  Les got the yard work done with some difficulty.  Our regular mower has gone in for repairs.  When Les went to start it, the cord broke.  He always uses it first for all the edges of the yard before he gets on the riding mower.  The repair shop called a couple times and said they would have to special order what they needed.  The mower is a good one that Les has taken very good care of, but it is over thirty years old.  Parts for it are not stocked or not available at all.  They will call when it is ready for pick-up.  But the yard is looking pretty good.  There are a couple areas that need work, but it is almost time for the yard guys to come to aerate and seed, etc. so that will help those areas.

Because of one medical thing after another, I never did get to the Spring cleaning that I usually do.  So, I have decided to get a jump on the Fall cleaning and started on that this past week.  I need to be always on guard against over-doing, so I am careful.  I decided focus on one area at a time.  Feels good to get some things done.  The outdoor chores on my "list" are going to wait until it is a lot cooler and less buggy.  But inside I am making progress!

Victor, one of our Geek Squad guys, came this morning and installed our new speakers and adjusted our sound system.  It is so much better now!  I am getting used to the way they look.  Our furry boys are getting used to the way they sound.  😊  Angus and Finnigan are giving the speakers a lot of "side eyes" every time they pass one.

Boxer and Bloomer are doing well adjusting to the new school year and they are keeping busy.  Cutie Girl will start first grade the day after Labor Day.  Shortly after that Little Miss E will start preschool.  And Jordan is starting her classes at ODU.

Someone told me I haven't posted kids' pictures in a long time.  So here you go!  Cutie Girl wearing her Godzilla mask while playing Minecraft and Little Miss E dancing in her dinosaur mask!



As always, life is good, even when we have things to worry about.  Stay safe and God Bless America!

No comments: