Thursday, June 20, 2019

Recap of Our Week So Far

Monday morning we took Kirk (our MDX) in for some repair work.  He'll be there all week.  Seems odd to have one car.

Then we went to Les' eye appointment; another recheck after right eye cataract surgery and a check on his left eye before that surgery.  We found out some disappointing news, one of those things that the medical profession does not tell patients.  If you have had laser surgery, it can cause problems later on if you have cataracts.  Les' right eye tested very well and is doing well after surgery.  The doctor says he will get his left eye as good as he can get it.  This information falls into the same category as "you can still have knee pain after replacement".
...............
Tuesday we had the dryer vent cleaning people come.  This time it was two young women who got right to work and did a good job. And cleaned up after the work!  So that is done for another year.  I am not sure where the retired Fireman was, and I didn't ask.  One of the young ladies had been working with him the last two years.

I got out and did a couple errands.  Les got the yard work done.  I did some clean-up with the blower and watered the new geraniums.  I had hoped to do a little extra cleaning today, but it turned out to be a really achy day for me and while I did get some things done, I decided I should be careful and rest a little bit, too.  There is always tomorrow.  😊

Les got the call with his surgery time for Thursday and we are to be there at 6:30 a.m. again.
...............
Wednesday was supposed to be a golf day but the weather did not cooperate; very wet and more rain predicted, so no golf.

We just did odds and ends around the house.  I was thinking I'd clean some windows, but the weather is not great for that either.  What a shame!  I did get some cleaning chores done though!

And Kirk was all finished and looks great!  He is back home now.

My PT went well.  I had requested a therapist I worked with last time and he is making a plan.  I go twice next week.  He said I tested well on his evaluation.
...............
Today is Thursday.  We are back home from Les' surgery.  He is tired but okay.  The doctor says it went well.  We won't actually know how well until they test his vision.  The first post-op appointment is tomorrow morning.  He is supposed to rest today and we start the schedule for more drops.

We stopped at Starbucks on the way home and I got him a breakfast sandwich and our coffee.  All is well.

Life is great!  Stay safe and God Bless America!


No comments: