Friday, September 29, 2017

Reunion

It has been said that I haven't posted much about the reunion.  So here you are.

Our recent trip to Ohio came about because my high school class - Fairless H.S. '67 - was having a 50th reunion.  I will be honest, at first I was not interested in going.  I didn't  have any really close friends in the class.  I had lots of classmates I was friends with, but no special buddies I did things with.  I have not kept in touch with anyone from our class as we have moved around, and Les and I have never lived there since we got married.

But... Les said I should go, it might be the last reunion the class has.  He is almost always right about everything 😊 so I agreed.  He was right this time, too.  (I told him that and thanked him)

The 50th reunion was very nice!  It was great to see old friends and get to visit and catch up.  I think most of the classmates still live in the area.  Some of us are a lot farther away.  I heard California, Florida, and Texas mentioned.  I got big "hi's", smiles, and hugs from people I didn't think would even remember me!  Some of my classmates and I have known each other since we were little, tiny kids and attended the same church.  Others I've known since the school districts consolidated and put all the town schools together.  A couple girls from my class married guys from Les' class, so he had a chance to see a couple of his classmates, too.

The class photo has arrived so I can take a good look at the people I did not talk with that night.  And I also received a list of names so I can tell who is who. 😊

All in all, it was a good time.  It is nice to have good memories.

The Fairless Falcon

Stay safe and God Bless America!

No comments: