Saturday, March 12, 2016

You Know It's Almost Spring. . . . .

The birds are chirping, the sun is bright, the days have been warm, there are buds on the shrubs, flowers are blooming, pollen counts on TV have started, pretty little birds are trying to build a nest in your porch light, and your husband shaves off his face hair.  :)  Life is good!

And I'd like to add that my mood has improved greatly since my last post.  All is not well with the world, but it is what it is.

The week has been a little rough here because Golfer is having back issues again. Having had my own back issues in the past, I really feel for him.  And I can tell, by how he's been moving and how he has let me help him a couple times, that he is hurting.  Doctor appointments are lined up and some PT is in the future.  I hope someone figures out why this keeps happening and something can be done about it so he can get back out on the golf course.  I know that would  help his well being and mood.

I've been busy doing all the usual household chores and keeping up with things.  Just finished another good book - Brotherhood in Death by J.D. Robb.   After I catch up on the magazines in my pile, I'm going to start on another Jack Reacher!  Golfer has been reading the Craig Johnson Longmire series.

Nurse J and family are doing okay.  We went to a large consignment sale this morning to look for clothes for Cutie Girl and the new baby.  Found several nice things, but someone else beat us to the double stroller that she was interested in.

Bikini and family are doing well and all are busy.  Boxer and Bloomer had their annual checkups and they are both 5'2".  Boxer has to have an eye exam and may be getting glasses.  I asked if he was concerned about that and Bikini said he just considers it one more thing to ruin his life.  :) He's almost a teenager.  He'll get over that.

Besides the appointments for Golfer's back, we have several others coming up.  They seem to run in six month cycles.  Dental and eye exams for Golfer, rheumatologist and a mammogram for me, Medicare Wellness checks for both of us.

Our taxes were filed on Monday and by Friday one of our refunds was deposited!  Hooray for state efficiency!  We are also refinancing our mortgage and are aiming for a late April closing on that.  We impressed the agent we met with by having all the paperwork with us and she could finalize the beginning process while we were meeting.  So, yay for us!

stay safe!  And remember - - - -


No comments: