Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Summertime, and the Living La la la la la

We're into July.  It was almost 100 humid degrees here today.  I managed to go out and do a couple errands.  First store I went in has all the Fall flowers out and Halloween decorations displayed.  It was a big mass of orange, black, and brown.  The Hallmark store is getting ready for the Christmas ornament premier. This just isn't right.  Quit rushing me!

Golfer and I have decided to switch from Cox Communications to Verizon.  People have already been here to paint lines on the grass and put flag markers out.  Golfer marked our sprinkler heads.  The work begins on Monday.

We have also decided to sell Duke, our Mustang convertible.  I'll keep you posted on that.  It's time.  It's just getting harder to get in and out of without hurting myself.  The fact is that after four major surgeries in less than four years, my body doesn't bend and move the way I would like, even with going to the "Y" several times a week and spending time exercising in the pool, too.  It is what it is.

I've spent some time cleaning and doing some yard work.  Been catching up on some desk stuff and other household chores.

Gotta' go now.  I need to see if the lightening bugs are out yet and see if our resident raccoon is out having a snack at the bird feeder. He's a good looking young animal with bright eyes and clean coat.  I can't get a good picture because our windows have full length screens.  If I try to go outside, he gets scared and runs.  But he usually stops by for his breakfast before heading out for the night.  He goes back and climbs our mimosa tree and scales the wall I think!

Stay safe!


No comments: