Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Finally!

Hooray!  The sun is out today!  Honestly, I have not been counting how many days were dark, gray, cold, and wet.  It was wearing me out and making me miserable.   But today the sun is out.  It is still cold, but oh, so much better! 

I had an appointment with my surgeon last Friday.  He told me I could stop wearing the back brace.  And said it is now time to start physical therapy.  He's very good about letting me ask questions and talking to me and I told him I am terribly afraid of moving wrong and having something slip or pop loose.  He said not to worry, everything looked good and the bone was growing very well.  He also said I could try to do anything I felt like trying but to not do anything for more than ten minutes.  And obviously, if something hurts, stop.  So I am cautiously trying things.

I had the evaluation appointment with the physical therapist and have the actual first appointment tomorrow.

Christmas preparations are coming along.  I've been getting caught up on some other things.  Life is good.  Golfer and I went to the first movie since my surgery.  Saw "Thor" and we enjoyed it very much.  We also saw some previews for a couple other movies we will want to see.  I did fine sitting there watching, but was pretty stiff when it was over and it was time to stand up and move.  Just something to deal with.

The furry kids are still enjoying the Christmas trees.  I check on the tree skirt in the dining room a few times a day and put it back in place!  Finnigan went through a spell of wanting to take the garland off the living room tree, but after I fussed at him and got the spray water bottle out he's been a little better.

I hope all is well with everyone.  Stay safe!

No comments: