Thursday, July 14, 2011

A Day Late, But Happy Birthday, Bikini!

We'll just say the lateness is due to some slight drug haze. :)

I am home and doing okay. The physical therapist has already said I can go without the leg brace, but I am still using the walker. I'll be happy when he says I can move on to my quad cane. It's difficult sometimes to maneuver around the new furniture and freshly painted woodwork and not ding any of it. But I know from experience, it is all fixable if I do. So on we go. Golfer is doing a great job of taking care of me.

I have to be on the motion machine several times a day to equal four to six hours. The pain meds make me sleepy and tired, so I often nap while I'm on the machine. I have exercises to do every day, too. My incision seems to be healing okay. I wasn't really expecting it to be so big this time, but I think it's even a little longer than the first one.

At the moment I'm doing some desk stuff and catching up on emails.

We're just plugging along here. Nothing exciting happening at the moment, unless you count the service calls for the sprinkler system and the dish washer. And now that the leak has been fixed in the dishwasher, the laminate flooring can be repaired where it got wet and warped. Geez. Fortunately, it's not a very large area and we had kept the extra boards from the installation.

That's all from me right now. It's been hot and muggy here in Virginia. But it's Summer, so can't complain.

Stay safe!

No comments: