Saturday, January 9, 2010

Patience!



When we remodeled our bathroom about a year and a half ago, Golfer and I discussed getting a "shower stool". We knew we did not want a plastic one. We decided we liked the looks of the teak ones we had seen in ads. In pursuing such a stool, we discovered they were not available in stores. They had to be ordered, with the starting prices near $200 plus shipping fees. I just wasn't quite willing to spend that for a wooden stool. Since then, I have kept an eye out for them and when we traveled I would check new areas. This morning we were "out and about" and stopped in Bed, Bath and Beyond to get a couple other things I had on my errand list and "TA DA!"!!! There were lovely heavy teak stools! Fortunately I had stuffed a handful of coupons in my purse when we left the house, so I was ready. We got it for way less than if we had ordered one. I have to say this, though, teak is heavy wood! We got it home and I gave it an oil rub and now it is in its new home!
I may have surprised Golfer a little, or at least caused him to pause for a moment in thought. I have always had a tendency to see something I like and then not get it. I had absolutely no hesitation this morning. Been doing a little thinking and reflecting on things lately. I'm about to have my sixty-first birthday. I have decided I'm not going to put things off. I do intend to be around a whole lot longer; I do, after all, have a mother who is over 100! But, in reality, why wait? I told Golfer I wouldn't just go off and spend money on stupid, dumb stuff, but if it was something we had wanted or had been waiting on, I wasn't waiting any longer. So we huffed and puffed that stool out to the car and loaded it in!
And on that note we went to Best Buy to replace the receiver for our TV/stereo system. Golfer discovered this morning that teh old one no longer gives us any sound with our new DVDs. Bummer. We brought it home with us. It is sitting in front of the fireplace.....waiting for the Geek Squad to come on Wednesday and integrate it into our system and make sure everything is compatible and working. See....age does bring wisdom. We are now smart enough to know we don't want to even try to tackle that project!
It is still cold here. No signs of a major warm-up any time soon. I said WTH and started cleaning windows anyway. Also vacuumed the drapes and curtains and did a little extra cleaning. In two weeks we'll have friends and family here for Golfer's retirement ceremony and festivities and I need to be ready! Plus, I always like to do some extra clean-up after the holidays.
So, that's about it for now. I hope everyone is having a good weekend.
Stay safe!

No comments: