Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Ahhh! Cleaning!

The laminate floors are beautiful! The men need to return for a quick visit to install a threshold from the foyer into the dining room, but other than that, the big work is done! And I have begun cleaning! Just in case any of you are contemplating doing some upgrades or remodeling to your homes, when the man tells you "there will probably be some mess and dust", believe him. Everyone who has worked in our home has been pretty careful and has tried to clean up after themselves. And honestly, I expected some mess and dirt so I am not surprised or upset. It's time to do "Spring cleaning" anyway.

So the window, curtain, drape, floor and wall washing has begun. A few other things are getting washed also. Things are either getting put through the washer and dryer, the dishwasher, or getting vacuumed! The furry kids are watchful!

Speaking of the furry kids... they had a little adjustment time learning to walk on the wood floor - no traction! They did a few wheelies and slid on their butts a couple times, but they seem fine now. I think they like that their toys make more noise and bounce higher now.

When I have finished cleaning and putting things away I'll get some pictures taken and post them. Have to get back to work now. I have one more pair of drapes to press and hang.

More later. Stay safe!

No comments: