Sunday, March 3, 2024

Our "Grand-Lizard"

This is Lemon.  He lives in Jordan's room. I know some of you are "creeped out" by lizards and other reptiles, but Lemon is a little cute guy.  This picture shows him trying to climb his wall to go on an adventure.  No worries though, his home has a lid.

I have taken care of him for Jordan when she has been away visiting her other Grandma.  Lemon and I  got along just fine.

And this all reminds me of something from many, many years ago.  My Grama and Granpa had taken me to "Jungle Larry's" theme park in Ohio.  One of the shows was about reptiles and sort of a meet and greet affair for the audience.  I made my Grama really, really nervous when Jungle Larry asked if anyone would like to pet the snake he was holding.  My hand went right up and Grama's face went pale.  I don't remember Granpa's reaction, but I am sure he was fine with it all. I remember that I had thought the snake would be slimy.  It was not. I do know that we all need to be very careful around snakes.  Some can be harmful if they bite, but they do take care of other things that could hurt us.  God put them here for a reason.

So after this trip down memory lane, have a good day and stay safe.

God Bless America!

No comments: