Sunday, September 24, 2023

Hey

We lucked out with Ophelia here.  The storm was worse to the West of us and to the South of us.  Closer to the water there was a lot of flooding.  We got a lot of rain, 3 1/2", and a lot of wind, but not the worst part of the storm.  Today is in the upper 60's, 80% humidity, and cloudy.

The yard is too wet and soft right now to do storm cleanup.  LOTS of branches and bits are down.  I did go out this morning and clean up the porch, walk, and driveway out front.  And I cleaned up the piles of stuff against the curb that were blocking water flowing to the storm drain. I used the blower on the patio and set the chairs and tables back up, and wiped them off.  That is all the cleanup that can be done right now.

We got our senior flu vaccines on Friday and neither of us had any reactions.  As soon as I can find availability, I'll schedule our new Covid vaccines.  Seems like it's not being given many places yet and in short supply so far.

I didn't want to walk on the yard and get wet and muddy so I took a picture of the rain gauge from the patio and enlarged the focus. 😊


Take care of yourselves and stay safe.  Life is good.  And God Bless America!

No comments: