Sunday, September 3, 2023

Hey!

It's been a busy couple of days here.  We had some remnants of Idalia and got some rain and wind, as well as heat and humidity.  And then once things were drying out from the wind after the rain stopped, we had temperatures in the 70's with the continuing breezes.  So cleanup could be done!

We had one pretty big branch come down in the yard.  I cut off as much as I could and we bagged that up.  Then I went around with my grabber and large bag and we picked up all the other smaller branches and bits.  I also pulled up weeds and made sure the mulched areas were cleaned up.

Then the second day I finally got out to work on the back corner of the yard.  Those shrubs really needed trimming, as well as a bit trimmed on the Hydrangeas.  That required some major clean up.  I am happy with the new trimmer that I bought.  It worked great and is light enough that it was easy for me to use.  And again, some weeds were pulled up while I was there.  Never-ending job!

I took breaks and enjoyed sitting on the patio, and even ate my lunch out there.  About the time I was finishing up, Les came out to mow the grass and now the yard is looking pretty good.

Otherwise, I've been trying to keep up with things.  I usually do some deeper cleaning in the Spring and Fall.  This past Spring I gave up on that due to other things we were dealing with.  But now that the yard is in good shape, I am ready for some Fall cleaning!  🍂🍂

My appointment with our new doctor went very well.  I went with an open mind and decided if I didn't liked her, I could find another doctor.  But she was very nice and spent time talking with me and discussing things.  She set up a couple lab appointments and also an appointment for me in February.  Les will meet her in December.

Life is good.  Take care of yourselves and stay safe.  God Bless America!


I took this while sitting on the patio yesterday.  Eventually there will be a pumpkin beside the owl and cat.  And yes, I know it's early for Halloween decorations.  But the cat makes me happy.  And I am taking happy whenever and wherever I find it.  

No comments: