Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Updates

I hope you are all having a safe, peaceful, and happy Independence Day!  

We are having a quiet day here.  It's hot and humid and the heat index is moving to over 100 degrees.

The patio work is done.  Since I last posted about it, I have been out to scrub the siding and our chairs.  I bought three small gray side tables that go well with the chairs.  We plan to get a large umbrella and possibly another chair.  It would be nice to have something like a lounge chair, but unfortunately, those are all made too low.  We need something higher so we could actually get out of it! 😊

Then on another day, I went out and took care of the Hydrangeas.  They have been beautiful this year.  They needed to be dead-headed and cleaned up.  All the stone dust and then moisture was not good for them.  But they are still blooming and lovely.  I tidied up the mulch and moved a bit of the extra to another area where it was needed.  And then pulled weeds and tidied up in another area.  There is still yard work waiting to be done, but that is for another day.  When it is this hot, I do not do yard work unless it's early in the day.

And then another day, I cleaned all the windows.  The ones on the side of the house and across the back were especially nasty with stone dust that had turned to a clay-like substance with moisture. And there was some flung about mud, too.  But that is all cleaned up now.

Our girls and families are doing well.  Everyone is busy.  Jordan's job is going very well!

Here are pictures I took this morning of the patio so far. This is still a work in progress.




Take care of yourselves and stay safe.  Life is good.  And God Bless America!

No comments: