Monday, July 5, 2021

Hey, Again

Just some random thoughts today.  First up is "strong women".  I was raised by a single mother, and she was a strong lady.  My father was not around much and they were officially divorced when I was ten.  I realize how hard Mom worked and how tough things were at times.  But I NEVER felt deprived and I always felt loved.

Mom would just say put a smile on and get on with it when things needed to be done.  I have always tried to do that.

When Les went on TDYs and longer assignments, I just took care of whatever needed to be done.  And I think Les and I have taught our daughters to be strong.  We are very proud of both of them.

At the moment one is fighting Japanese Beetles in her grape vines and protecting a nest of cardinals while she does that.  And one is off to purchase bolt cutters for her next project. 😊 Honestly, I was surprised to hear that because she has a pretty good supply of  tools already.

As for me, I just finished doing grout and caulk repair in the master bath.  Another job off the "to-do" list!

Please, ladies - and you, too, men - no whining!  There is way too much whining in the world today by too many people.  If something isn't right in your life, just smile and get on with it and fix things.  Remember, everything is not about you.

Life is good.  Stay safe and take care of yourselves.  God Bless America!


No comments: