Monday, July 19, 2021

Gee, Time Flies!

I hope everyone is doing well and staying safe!

Les and I are doing okay.  At the moment he is playing golf.  I hope he gets the round in before the rain starts.

It has been very hot and humid here.  We've had thunderstorms the last two nights and gotten rain with them.  We needed it.  It's supposed to rain some more later this afternoon.

Pam and Boxer came to visit for a couple days.  It was so nice to have them here!  Jacquie and the girls came over one evening and we had a happy houseful!  While here, Pam and Boxer helped with a couple small jobs around the house.  It's pretty nice to have a tall, strong grandson willing to move and reach things! 😊💗  And it helped that Pam knows her way around tools!

Now Pam is busy getting Boxer and Bloomer ready for school to start again.  They start the first week in August in Georgia.  

Jacquie has gotten Little Miss E all registered for kindergarten. Little Miss E is insistent that she have the same teacher she had for preschool.  They are working on helping her to understand she will have a new teacher. 😊 Jordan is getting ready for her classes to start again.  The new computer that she needs for her classes has been ordered.  Cutie Girl is not so excited about school starting again but she will do okay once she gets into the routine.

I did some yard clean-up and some other work out there.  There was much pruning to be done and cleaning up of aging plants.  In the Fall we will have one of the yard guys come and dig out the old azalea stumps and plant new ones. Those stumps were actually part of my pruning activity.  I just could not stand to look out the windows and see the dead branches and stems with all the dried brown leaves.  BTW, those new loppers I got for Christmas work great!  I still need to work on the back corner mulched area.  But that's a job for a day when I feel ready for it and the weather is not so unfriendly.

Tomorrow we have the annual generator service.  Wednesday we will be having the MiniSplit A/C unit installed up in the bonus room. 

I had a checkup with  my orthopedic doctor.  My wrist is doing fine.  X-rays of my "new" hip were done and Dr. A says all is well there; come back for another check in 2023.  Next year I go for a checkup on both knees.  As we were leaving the exam room he started to show me the way to go and I stopped him and reminded him I know my way around the clinic.  He smiled and said "yes, you have been here a few times!". 

I've been keeping up with all the usual stuff.  Did some cleaning out in our library.  The shelves and cabinets needed some work.  I just made a trip up to DAV to drop off a couple bags of things.

So, life remains good.  Take care of yourselves and stay safe.  God Bless America!



Cleaning up the library involved looking through some pictures.  This is just one of my favorites from Hawaii.

No comments: