Thursday, November 21, 2019

Just a Bunch of Updates!

I hope everyone is well and happy!  I am sure all are busy.  Everywhere you go you hear people commenting on how such a late Thanksgiving is messing up routines and plans.  We all know this happens every few years, so why does it surprise us when it happens?

As for me, my "normal" routine is focus on Thanksgiving, and that evening start pulling out the boxes and bins of decorations.  Then Friday and the weekend is spent decorating and doing Christmas prep.

I have mentioned that this is our year to go to Pam's for Thanksgiving. I am aware of my limitations and know that when we return I will want to get things decorated and done.  I also know that I can not do as much at a time as I used to.  So I pace myself and adjust.  This year that adjusting means that a lot of our decorating is already done!

Jordan will be taking care of our furry boys and looking after things around the house.  I have told her it's up to her to make sure the trees aren't taken down. 😊  (should be fine, the furry boys are all older and larger now; no tree climbing for them)  The dining room tree is all done and looks good.  The large, living room tree is up but won't be decorated until we return.  It gets the older, and more breakable ornaments.

I have the shopping almost done.  Wrapping is done so far.  A couple things are all packed up and ready to go to the Post Office when we return, as well as all the cards.

In other areas, everything is straightened out with our cars, their registrations, and the license plates.  Our new plates actually came a couple days ago and Les got them on the cars.  So that is all done now.  We won't have to deal with DMV again until Les has to renew his driver's license!  I still have a few more years on mine.

We mailed the registration for the Military Retirees Tournament in May in Myrtle Beach.  Always like to get that sent in right away!

Les has been keeping up with the leaves in our yard.  He just mulched/mowed and gathered them up again a little bit ago. He has also been playing golf when he can.  (you all knew that)

Pam says they are all okay and busy.  Can't wait to see them all!

Jacquie is as busy as ever and at the moment they are all doing okay. Jordan will have exams pretty soon and has already registered for the next semester.

Our furry boys are happy to have tree skirts to lie on and trees to lie under. They get all excited when I get the boxes and bins out.  I just finished combing them all and cutting nails this afternoon.

So, life is great!  Stay safe and God Bless America!

P.S.  Here is a preview of Christmas pictures.  Will post more in December.  The truck was the container for a flower arrangement Les received from L&V.   It's a nice ceramic truck and I wanted to use it somewhere. So, thanks again, L&V!


No comments: