Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Huh!???

So.  During a particularly not good time for me recently when I was already stressed by several things, I was hurrying to close windows when we were having a thunderstorm.  In the process of getting to one of the bedroom windows I had to move our floor lamp out of the way.  When I moved it, the bottom of the lamp fell apart and hunks of messy adhesive fell out all over the place.  We briefly considered that we would repair it.  That thought did not last long.  Said lamp is now in garage awaiting the bulk garbage pick-up next week.

We went and bought a new lamp yesterday.  Nice, sturdy, heavy wood one.  Golfer got it put together and it looks nice.  But WTH!!  This is the lampshade that came with it!


As you can see I did not even try to assemble it.  It will reside in the closet for awhile until I decide what to do with it.  The shade that had been on the old lamp was a good one and the right color so it is now on the new lamp.  But I am amazed that a company thinks this new shade is a good idea.

Stay safe, people.  And God Bless America!

2 comments:

Pam said...

I will address that in June when I'm there. :)

Gee said...

If you would like to have this shade, I will put it in your "pile". :)