Friday, July 31, 2015

Stuff

Hey, all!  I hope you're all well and happy!  Things are good here.  We're just busy keeping up with things.

Our power went out Tuesday afternoon.  I have no idea why, the weather was calm.  Anyway, our generator came on right away and all was well.  Or so I thought.  I had had the dryer running when the outage started.  Even though we're supposed to be able to run everything with our whole-house generator, I thought I'd wait until the power was back on and the generator was off before I restarted the dryer.  Evidently when the outage hit it did something to the dryer and it hasn't worked right since.  The guy comes on Monday to look at it.  In the meantime the shower rod in the smaller bathroom is full of hanging wet clothes that are drying in there.  I considered putting everything in the baskets and going to the Laundromat.  Then I considered washing things here and going there to dry.  And then I decided that neither of those options really appealed to me.  So I just washed here and hung things up to dry.  I really wish we could have a clothes line.  There would be sheets out there right now!

Our weather is still hot and humid.  We had some rain during the night and supposedly it was a cool front coming through, but it is definitely not a lot cooler today. 

Golfer got the yard work done and even did some extra clean-up at the far back of  our yard.  We have not gotten the estimate from the landscaper yet for the problem area.

I finished a good book by Dorothea Benton Frank - Porch Lights.   I am working my way through her books.  She writes about an area that I like, the Carolina Low Country.  I like to read books that take place in areas where I have been.  More interesting!

Golfer and I went to see Arnold's new movie, "Terminator Genisys".  Very good.  Arnold looks great!

I am trying to be patient with the healing scar tissue tear in my leg, but some days are easier than others.  It will feel better and I'll think "oh, I can do such and such" and then I end up being more uncomfortable.  So I am trying to do better.

Stay safe and have a good weekend!

No comments: