Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Short on Patience

Hey, all! 

I have had all sorts of posts running through my head lately.  Unfortunately, the blog site does not always want to work with the Surface tablet and our main computer is still not at home yet.  Which brings us to one of the many things that are trying my patience lately.

Our Lenovo computer was bought just a little over a year ago from Best Buy.  When it developed a problem recently, Golfer took it to Best Buy for the Geek Squad to work on it.   They sent it to Kentucky!  We got multiple emails saying they had it and were evaluating it.  Then a phone call saying it needed a part that had to be ordered.  We received a couple updates.  Blah, blah, blah, waiting for part.  Then on Monday we got a call saying the part wasn't available and they would be sending our computer back to Best Buy for us to pick up.

This is very annoying on so many fronts.  First of all, it was only a few weeks past a year old.  And most of all, for goodness sakes, they are the GEEK SQUAD!  They should have the parts on hand.  So Golfer and I have decided that 1. we are never buying another Lenovo product and 2. we will really have to think hard before we ever buy another computer from Best Buy.

When it finally gets back to us, IT Guy is going to look at it for us and see if he can work some magic. 

I'd like to add that I miss having our computer and a working printer.  And so does Golfer!

Other general things that are constant tryers of my patience are idiot drivers and rude people.  But those are pretty much constants and I won't go into detail on those. 

Some new issues are cashiers that are not trained well or else are just not too smart.  It was hard to tell which.  I had to make a purchase at Pet Smart this morning.  I got in line behind two people at the only open check-out.  The cashier couldn't figure out how to handle coupons for the woman at the counter.  So we all waited and waited.  Then she finally got to the young man in front of me who was buying a bag of live crickets.  That took a while.  When it was my turn she couldn't get my rewards card info to come up.  I finally said to forget it and just ring up the items.  I only had two and wanted to get out of there.  That took a long time and when I went to pay she couldn't figure out how to take a cash payment.  DUH!

I eventually got out of there and finished my errands.  This afternoon I went to the "Y".   I always use several of the machines first and then go to the pool.  I only had to wait for one machine and things were going well.  Then I got to the pool.  Two lanes closed for lifeguard training.  One lane closed for swim lessons - with the most obnoxious rude little boy ever.  The instructor finally told him to get out of the pool and go to his grandma who was sitting on the side benches.  The lifeguard gave her an ear full and the grandma gave the kid an earful.  The rest of the lap lanes were full.  I made do with some space in the open area with a couple other people.

And then I got to the locker room to shower and get ready to come home.  The new white tile floor in there is nasty.  It's always wet and slippery and it is always dirty and wet.  It is impossible to get dressed or undressed without getting your clothes in the dirty water on the floor.  Many ladies have registered their complaints about this issue.  It's a constant topic of discussion.  And then the showers were all in use.

I accept that God made all sorts of people and I really do try to be nice to them all.  Four Asian ladies (who I think just stay at the "Y" all day long) tied up six shower stalls - they like to spread out all their stuff - and took the longest showers ever recorded in history.  (that's just my guess on that)   I am aware that this is a cultural thing and they like to spend hours in the hot tub and have gab fests (not in English) and they like long hot showers.  But when they are in a public area like the "Y" they should be more considerate of all the others that need to use the facilities.  One woman was in the shower stall when I was going out to the pool and she was still in there when I was done exercising and swimming and came back in!  I can't imagine what she was doing in there for that long. 

So that's how my day has been.  Harrumph!  Thanks for "listening".  Tomorrow will be better.

Stay safe!

No comments: