Monday, February 3, 2014

Updates

So here we are.  Third day of February.  The last two weeks have had snow "events" and cold weather.  Today it is raining and the snow is gone.  A front came through and made it colder again after being in 60's yesterday.  That's the weather update.

CutieGirl fell a couple days ago and landed on her little face.  Actually she launched herself off the couch (at home).  Large bump on her little head and some bruising.  There was an instant trip to the doctor and she checked out okay.  Golfer and I watched her for a couple hours this morning and she was very good.  And very cute!  (see picture on previous post)  That's the baby update.

Everyone is happy to report (except the children) that schools are back in session here and in Georgia.

Healthwise, I think most of us are okay.  I am still dealing with issues, but have decided to just get on with things and do what I can.  I WILL NOT BE A WHINER!  Golfer's brother is scheduled for knee replacement surgery later this month and we wish him well.

Our new floor installation started today.  It turned out to be one hard-working man instead of at least two as scheduled.  But it's going okay.  He is particular and wants it to be just what we want.  So the job will take at least three days we think.  The dining room is about done.  He just has to install the molding in there and move things back in place.  He'll start the living room tomorrow.  FYI, we're donating the old flooring which is in great condition, to ReStore, the Habitat resale store.

Last evening we watched the Super Bowl.  I watch it for the commercials.  If it hadn't been for them we would have watched something else or gone to bed early!  But my picks for best commercials are the Volkswagen one with the engineers getting their wings and rainbows  :)  and the Budweiser one with the puppy and Clydesdale, and the Muppets one.  To be perfectly honest, I did not care for some of the commercials.  There were a few that I still haven't figured out what they were promoting!  And if I have to spend a lot of time figuring out a company's commercial, I'm probably not going to buy the product.  There were way too many "feelings" in some of them.  Humor sells, people.  Just my opinion.

We saw a good movie the other day - "Jack Ryan, Shadow Recruit" with Chris Pine.  Excellent movie!  I need to find out if they plan more!

I'm still working my way through my new books from Christmas.  Just finished Clive Cussler's Mirage.  Very good!  Just started Patricia Cornwell's Dust.   Pretty good so far.

So that's about all the updates from here.  Time to go feed the furry kids.  They have been "in seclusion" all day to make sure they stayed out of the way.  They are now exploring all the neat and wonderful things the man left in the hallway!

Stay safe!

No comments: