Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Hallelujah!!

And the sun came out and the rain and snow stopped and we rejoiced!

And please do not think that I am being sacrilegious.

It did indeed get up to the low 60's here today.  Golfer went to the driving range and plans to play golf tomorrow.  I went outside and worked on our curb appeal.  Cleaned leaves out of the little shrubs and raked the leaves out of the mulched areas in the front.  I had two large bags  when I got done.  I was careful and hopefully did not over-do anything.  But, Boy! it felt good to get out there.  I will probably work on the back yard a little at a time and get the mulched areas cleaned up.

The garden center called today to tell us our new mulch would be arriving on Friday.  I said that was nice but our yard was too wet.  The discussion went sort of like this:  She said, "it won't matter if it's wet, it won't hurt the mulch".  I said, "but your guys are going to have to get the mulch from the front driveway to the back yard and I don't want any more ruts in the yard.  We still have the one your guys made on another visit.  And when I ordered the mulch I said we wanted it late March or early April".  And then she said, "Oh".  And we left it that she would be calling us closer to April.  And by then we will have all the areas cleaned up and ready!

In other news, we had the dryer vent and duct work checked today.  It was all good except for a huge gob of matted lint and fuzz in the vent up on the roof.  And once they cleaned that out, the dryer works better.

Stay safe!

No comments: