Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

I hope you all are having a quiet peaceful day!  Golfer and I watched "Avatar" 3D last evening and then managed to stay awake to watch the ball drop.  We were in bed by 12:10. 

If you are around a TV today here is what you will see:  FOOTBALL, Diet ads, go back to school ads, and join a gym ads.  We watched some news and "Mike and Mike" on ESPN this morning.  I don't know which games Golfer will check on today.  But I have other things I can do if I want.  :)

We went outside and took down the last of the decorations.  They are all packed up and Golfer got them back into the attic.  I cleaned off the porch and walk.

I have a list of things that need to be worked on.  Mostly all paperwork and desk stuff.  Some tax prep forms to update and things like that.  And I always, every year, feel like I go into clean out mode on January 1st.  I want to go through cupboards, closets, drawers, etc. and make piles for donations.  I plan to pace myself on all that.

I'm feeling better after being on the antibiotics for a couple days now for a sinus infection.  And Golfer has his own antibiotics for ear infection.  We've been taking it easy and drinking lots of orange juice and water.

While I was at the doctor's office, Rosa (the nurse) had me set up my "Welcome to Medicare" appointment for later this month.  As of today I am officially on Medicare. And then she gave me several pages of questions to answer. 

So here we all are at the start of 2014.  I hope it's a good one for all of us.  Stay safe!

No comments: