Wednesday, May 22, 2013

"Best to Stay Prayed Up"

I was at the "Y" this afternoon doing "my thing" on the semi-recumbent elliptical machine.  That's first and then into the pool.  Anyway, there was a lady on the next machine that I had not seen before.  Usually there is little or no talking while work is going on in the machine room.  But she started up a conversation.  The TV screens in front of both of us were showing reports from the Weather Channel on the Oklahoma tornadoes.  We were in agreement that it was a terrible disaster and it was a blessing that there were so few people hurt or killed.  Still too many, but it could have been worse.  Then the conversation turned to how lucky we were and how blessed and she said something that has stayed on my mind.  Something very true.  She said you can be here one minute and gone the next.  I know this very well.  And then she said "and that's why you should always stay prayed up".

Amen to that, sister!  Stay safe!

No comments: