Saturday, January 26, 2013

BRRRR!

Hey, all!

It is still cold here.  We got a couple inches of snow and some ice yesterday as I mentioned in the previous post.  And I just know if you live farther North or out West, you're just rolling your eyes and laughing about how everything shut down around here.  But that's just the way it often is the farther South you live.  We deal with it.

Many years ago Golfer and I were stationed at Shaw AFB in Sumter, SC.  I was working at a shopping center and we both had to be out on the roads.  A rare snow storm hit and everyone got excited!  The "powers that be" decided the snow had to be removed from one of the bridges and they sent the firetruck out to hose it off.  I think you know where this story is headed... not only did the snow stay put, but it was now covered with thick ice and they had to close it down!  A good learning experience there.

Anyway, things were still COLD and a lot of roads were icy this morning.  Golfer and I have stayed home today.  I tackled some cleaning and other household jobs.  We watched some TV and a movie.  We're both working on a couple good books.  There's a pot of chicken on the stove cooking right now for chicken and noodles.  The furry kids have burrowed under the big quilt on the bed.

The temperature finally got above freezing about mid-afternoon and the dripping has begun off the roof.  It will refreeze tonight, but it's supposed to gradually warm up the next couple days and actually be sunny and 50 on Monday!

Golfer and I did not go to the concert last evening.  We just decided it was silly to take a chance on getting hurt or stuck somewhere.  Ferguson Center let him exchange the tickets for a show later in February.  We'll be seeing the "Doo-Wop Tribute" !  As Golfer says, "Old people rule!"

Bikini is busy taking care of Brief.  She successfully checked his incision without getting sick, so everyone was happy about that.  :)   Brief is having to make some adjustments and it is hard to accept help when you are used to doing for yourself.  I have personal experience in this area and know what I am talking about.  But I am sure he is in good hands.

I hope all is well wherever you are.  Stay safe!


No comments: