Sunday, December 30, 2012

Just Checking In

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas with low stress levels!

This has been a difficult Christmas this year.  I had some reactions to a new medicine that made my mood and thoughts rather dark and low.  I saw my doctor right before Christmas and told him I wanted to stop it and he agreed.  Not only was it giving me "issues" but it wasn't doing what it was supposed to do in the first place.  I am feeling more like myself now and my moods and thoughts are much better. 

In spite of my lack of enthusiasm for the holidays, Christmas was a good one.  I managed to get some decorations out, some cards sent, some shopping and wrapping done.  Thanks to a wonderful huge box of cookies from my sister-in-law, V, I didn't do as much cooking and baking as normal.  And that was great!

Nurse J and her family were in Illinois for Christmas with Cable Guy's family.  They got to experience lots of snow! BeyB made a great green snow creature! They are safely home now. 

Bikini and family came here for Christmas and we had a nice visit with them.  It's always hard to do Christmas at another house when you have little ones, but all was good. They had to go home on the 26th and are now safely back.

Golfer and I have been busy un-decorating.  We had already decided to retire our main tree after a whole section of the lights died.  We purchased a new one for next year.  You know how when you have a full closet packed with things, if you add or change something, it's a massive shift??  I spent a lot of time sorting and repacking everything.  So now the closet in the library holds two trees and all the inside decorations - plus the gift wrapping supplies and the furry kids' carriers!

As things have been put away, cleaning has been done and we are now pretty well scrubbed and cleaned up around here.  I did just notice the windows need to be washed, but that will wait for warmer temperatures!

As I almost always do, I have shifted into "clean-out" mode here.  I think that comes from when Golfer was active duty and we always wanted to be somewhat ready if he got orders.  Every January I want to clean things out!  Piles are already started in the garage for the DAV pick-up!

So here we are at the end of another year.  Even with its ups and downs, it's been a good one.  I am grateful for my wonderful Golfer, my husband and best friend, and our lovely daughters and their families.  Golfer and I have been blessed and have been able to do and see some wonderful things.

I wish you all a very Happy New Year.  Stay SAFE!

No comments: