Thursday, January 29, 2009

We're Making Progress!

It's been a busy week around here! Basically, everything is torn up, moved around and displaced. But it will be lovely when it is all done! It's just an inconvenience right now. Golfer and I spent one night in a hotel while wet mortar was blocking the pathway to the bedroom and bathroom. The furry kids have been at the Kitty Condos at the clinic since Monday morning. I'll be picking them up later today. I hope they will speak to me! Lisa has been giving us daily reports on them and says they are doing okay.


As far as progress on the tile job---- the hallway is tiled, as well as the bathroom, laundry nook, linen closet and most of the kitchen. We had to order more tile for the kitchen and it should be in tomorrow. Kirk moved on to the "fancy" work around our fireplace hearth and it looks very nice. The plan for tomorrow is to grout everything and finish the tiling in the kitchen. Enhancer will be put on the accent tiles. Kirk said maybe some things will be moved back into place tomorrow. We'll see. I told him it didn't make sense to have to move things a couple more times if he didn't need to. He was worried about us being inconvenienced more.


I have a plumber lined up to come on Monday to install the new bathroom faucets and toilet.


ReStore from Habitat for Humanity will be picking up our donated items on Saturday.


We've placed the order for the new carpet, so that will be the next step. No date on that yet.


While this has all been going on, I've been doing some work from home. Some lovely ladies from our church have been covering the office for me. Thanks! I've gone in at odd times and done the work I needed to do. I have also been doing some painting on the bathroom when I could be in there and not in Kirk's way. (There will pictures after things are cleaned up.)

Stay safe! More later!

No comments: