Sunday, December 28, 2008

I'm Ready for Spring!

Well, here we are. Those of you who know me personally know that by December 26th, I am officially READY FOR SPRING. I love Christmas! I love the decorations, the music, the family and friends gatherings, the cards, the food, the fun and the love. But honestly, by the 26th I. am. done. We have a family joke where everyone bets when I'm taking the tree down. I did well this year. Today is the 28th and I just finished un-decorating it. When Golfer gets home from the golf course, he will take it apart, box it up and get it into the closet. All the other decorations are packed up and ready to go in after the tree.

We had a wonderful time with Bikini and her family here. Boxer and Bloomer were very good and very cute. Boxer reminded us a few times that he is "almost five!" He has changed a lot since we last saw him. He's starting to read, and he's a willing helper if asked to do something. Bloomer is a little curly-headed blond bundle of activity. We would call to her in another room when we could hear her doing something and she'd call back "I can't hear what you talking!". They all had to go back home yesterday, and they made the trip safely and all were glad to be back home. They still had another family Christmas gathering in Georgia to attend last evening.

Nurse J ended up working quite a bit, but we did get to spend time with her. She had Christmas day off and they all came here. She had us all over to her house for lunch on the 26th. Cable Guy was off all week and BeyB has no school for two weeks so they have been spending time together. When we were there for lunch, we got to see some of the projects Nurse J and Cable Guy have been working on - new lights, new mantle, fixing up their house.

It's in the 70's here, warm and balmy for the end of December. I couldn't resist - I took a break from the laundry, cleaning and un-decorating and put the top down on Duke (the Mustang) and went for a short drive.

More later..... Stay safe!

No comments: