Thursday, August 10, 2023

Ongoing Project

 


When we had a break in the extremely hot weather one day last week, I went out early in the morning and did some work on this back corner of our yard.  I got a lot done, but there is still some work to do.  You can't really see in this picture, but in the middle of the shrubs and bushes, are three shrubs that need to be trimmed.  Our old hedge trimmer is corded and we don't have enough extension cords to reach back there, even if I wanted to take a chance on doing that.  So I ordered a new Black and Decker rechargeable battery powered one.  I have it put together and charged and am ready for the next break in weather and next surge of energy.  😊  You know how it is, we have to prioritize.

The heat and humidity are back up and we are supposed to have some storms later today.  I have my limits for working in the yard when it comes to the heat.  I'll keep you posted.

In other news, we've been having ongoing issues with our TV and Internet.  We have an appointment next week for a Verizon service tech to come and set up the new router and an extender.  We are expecting the Geek Squad people this afternoon to deliver our new TV and set all that up.  Wish us luck.  

Yesterday was Les' birthday.  We went out for lunch and in the evening, Jacquie, Chris, and the girls came over to visit and have cake.  

We are also expecting the generator service tech this morning for the annual generator check-up.  I hope he gets here before the rain starts.

I had my annual ENT and hearing appointment on Monday.  I have had a "significant" loss in my left ear in what is considered a short time according to the Audiologist.  So the NP ordered an MRI to  determine if there was something in my brain causing issues with nerves that control hearing.  Huh. That is scheduled for next Friday.  Then I guess we'll decide what is next.

Our girls are busy, Jordan's job is going well, and the rest of the grandchildren are getting ready to go back to school and classes.  Time flies!

I am doing my best to keep up with things.  Life is good.  Stay safe and take care of yourselves.  God Bless America!

No comments: