Sunday, February 12, 2023

Just Checking In

I hope you are all doing well and staying safe.

Les is making a little progress.  He's been doing his prescribed exercises and is walking here in the house without the walker or cane.  He is moving a bit better but his balance is still wonky.  It all takes time, but he is working on it.  And I am doing what I can to help him.  When you lose all your strength and energy like he did, it takes a while to recover.

I made a couple short trips out to do errands over the past week once I could tell he would be okay here and get around if he needed to.  ๐Ÿ˜Š  Other than that, I've just been keeping up with things.

Today is cold, dark, and raining.  There are daffodils blooming in a few places in our area, and the pink bud trees are blooming.  They are pretty out in the median on Victory Blvd.  

I went out yesterday to fill our bird feeder and took a good look around our yard.  We have leaf buds coming on the Hydrangeas.  And the Day Lilies are putting up green leaves.  While I was out there in the yard I was making a list of things we are going to need to have done when the guys come to remove leaves from the rock area and also put down new mulch.  I won't have them plant anything this year.  Last Spring they planted five new Azaleas for us and all but one died.  It looks nice and healthy, but if we decide we want more azaleas in that area, we will figure something else out about getting them.  We do have a dying Azalea at the corner of the driveway by the garage that needs to come out.  I've been talking nicely to  it  ๐Ÿ˜Šand trying to take care of it, but I think it is just done.  And it is big enough that I don't think I can get it out on  my own.  I will call the guys sometime soon to get the work lined up for early April.  I will also need to call and get the power washing lined up and on the schedule.

Take care of yourselves and stay safe.  Life is good, even when scary and challenging.   God Bless America!

No comments: