Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Missing

This seems to be the time of year for lots of thinking and memories and feelings.  Our Christmas tree is full of memories.  We have ornaments passed down to us from our parents, and from grandparents.  We have ornaments that were gifts from people who are no longer living.  We have ornaments from places where we have lived and places where we have traveled. These are all happy memories, but we miss those people that are not with us.

And while thinking and remembering, I always think about how things used to be.  I grew up in a small town in Ohio.  The kind of town where a child could walk from one end to the other, alone, once they were old enough to cross streets on their own.  If we had a problem of some sort, we just knocked on a neighbor's door and someone would help.

It's sad that the state of our world has deteriorated to what we have now.  

I miss feeling safe.

I miss that people can't express an opinion without having to worry who is going to start a protest.

I miss my Mom.  I miss Les' Mom and Dad.  I miss our sisters.

I miss being able to do things I used to do without worrying what will hurt next.  I still try to do things, but at my own pace.

I miss people being nice to each other.  So many just seem so angry and so rude.  

Les and I have had a wonderful life together, and I am grateful.  He is the love of my life.  I always remember that.  And in spite of any sad memories, life is very good. 

Now I am going to go pet our furry boys and think good thoughts.  Take care of yourselves and stay safe.  And God Bless America!

No comments: