Monday, October 11, 2021

Happy Columbus Day?

 

Technically, Columbus Day is tomorrow.  But you know, federal holidays on Mondays, and now added Indigenous Peoples Day, so it's a combined holiday.  But anyway....thank you Mr. Columbus for accidently discovering our country!  It is sort of a mess right now, but I hope it will eventually get better.

Les and I are doing okay.  Neither of us had any reactions to our flu shots. 

Our weather has cooled off a bit and we've been having some rain off and on.  It's making the new grass seeds sprout.

During the time when I was working and would have Columbus Day off as a holiday, I always did Christmas shopping on that day.  You know, beat the rush and crowds, and get things ready if they needed to be mailed or shipped.  All that is even more important now with all the supply chain issues, shortages, and delays.  I am happy to report that the Christmas shopping is almost all done for this year.  And I've done most of it from right here where I am sitting writing this. 😊

Les and I are reading some good books, and watching some new shows.  The latest is on Disney, "Among the Stars".  It is a docuseries and we think it's pretty good.  

Life remains good.  Take care of yourselves and stay safe.  God Bless America!

No comments: