Saturday, February 6, 2021

Our First Doses Done!

 
 
Les and I went to our doctor's office yesterday afternoon and received our first doses of Covid vaccine.  I was impressed with the system they have in place for giving the vaccine.  Dr. Putland is in the Riverside Health System.  When it was time for our "group" to be eligible, we received messages to call and schedule.  There was just a little over a week between that call and the appointment. 

We arrived and checked in and within just a couple minutes we were called back and given the injections.  Then they had us move to where we waited for fifteen minutes.  We were asked several times if we were doing okay.  When the time was up, we were given our cards and next appointments.

There were a couple questions before the  injection was given.  All were the usual that we have been asked since the pandemic started.  But one question made me laugh.  The Tech was there with the syringe in her hand and she said, "I have to ask if you give me permission to give you the vaccine".  Of course, I said "Yes".  But then I asked her "Would I be here otherwise?"  And she laughed and said "Right!"

So far neither of us has had after effects or problems from the vaccine.  Les is actually playing in a golf tournament today!  After quite a few very cold days, and lots of rain, and some snow, today is 50 and sunny.  More rain is forecast to start this evening though.

The Covid variants are in Virginia and we are being told to continue all safety precautions.  Wear masks, sanitize, distance, no groups, etc.   It is also suggested to only go out and about once a week to do errands.  I had a list so I geared up and went this morning.  Everything got checked off the list and I am safely back home and everything is put away.

A few members of our family and a few friends have also gotten the vaccine.  Some have had side effects, others have not.  Of those who did, the symptoms did not last too long.  So, people, get on your lists and get the vaccine as soon as you can.  I know there are a lot of kinks in the process that are being worked out, so try to be patient and good luck!

Take care of yourselves and stay safe.  Life is great.  And God Bless America!

No comments: