Monday, April 8, 2019

Calendar Filling Up

First of all, let me say we just had a great visit with Pam and family.  They had gone up to D.C. for the kids' Spring break.  First time for the kids to see D.C. and there was lots of sightseeing and education and history.  Then they came to our house for a couple days and now they are back home and back to work and school.

Our weather is pretty good right now, sunny and warm, and the pollen is getting serious.  Supposed to get to 80 today!  Les is playing golf. 

Les and I have had several appointments recently.  He had his annual eye exam and finally the doctor says it is time to do his cataract surgeries.  Those will be happening in June.  We are glad it is getting done.  He has the pre-surgery testing to measure for the lens implants tomorrow.

I have been dealing with varying intensity of pain for about three months now.  My doctor ordered two MRIs to check out the area of my back where my previous surgeries were.  Also checked my right hip where the pain is focused.  The MRIs didn't show anything we did not suspect or already know.  We know I have the RA and OA.  The problem is some major bursitis that is pressing on nerves in my hip causing the pain down my leg.  The steroids, the PT, and the Cortisone injection have not helped it.  So I will be having an outpatient surgery in the near future to work on that and relieve the pressure and pain.  I really don't want more surgery, but I also don't want this pain to continue, so there we are.  I have accepted it and am getting ready.  I need to see our GP doc tomorrow for some pre-surgery things and paperwork and then my ortho doc's office will call me to get scheduled.

I am also scheduled to see a gastroenterologist because one of my lab results from my annual check-up came back positive.  And because of that, I have been told to not take my NSAID medication that actually helps some with the bursitis pain.  The Tylenol Arthritis just doesn't cut it.

And then we have things on the calendar like the AC/HVAC Spring check, the sprinkler system check and turn on, and also my mammogram is on the calendar.  And there we are.  Like I said, my pain varies from day to day and I can't tell why or what causes an increase.  So some days I am productive and others I feel like a slug.

But, life is great!  (really)  (if you see the sun come up it's a good day, folks)  Stay safe and God Bless America!

And here is our little blooming tree in the backyard.


No comments: